IBPS- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is a personnel selective service, it is an autonomous agency. It’s started from 1975
The IBPS is a self governed research institute, they announced in 2011 Common written Examination for recruit a candidate for banks (Both Clerk and PO).
If the candidates who need to prepare for a Bank exam, join and get coaching from any best Bank Exam Coaching Cenrtres in Chennai or any other city to become a banker.
Clerk: It is a Clerical level recruitment for Nationalized Banks, they have two written exam one is preliminary and another one main exam.
• On Preliminary exam, only Reasoning ability, Numerical ability, and English.
• On Main Exam, question from computer, English, Reasoning, Numerical ability and General awareness (i.e. Current affairs).
PO-probationary officer & SO-Specialist Officer:
• On Probationary Officer exam is quite similar to the Clerical exam, but questions are framed little bit difficult compared to the Clerk.
• On Specialist Officer exam is also having same process, but the posts are Technical officer, IT officer, Agricultural Officer, Chartered accountants and finance executives.
These Preliminary and Main Exams are conducted by Online only.
The candidates who are selected in these above exams they will be placed into
• Indian Overseas Bank
• Central Bank of India
• Syndicate Bank
• UCO Bank
• Oriental Bank of Commerce
• United Bank of India
• Allahabad Bank
• Andhra Bank
• Dena Bank
• Punjab National Bank
• Corporation Bank
• Bank of Baroda
• Bank of Maharashtra
• Indian Bank
• Union Bank of India
• Bank of India
• IDBI Bank
• Punjab & Sind Bank
• Vijaya Bank
• Canara Bank
Preparation Tips from Bank Exam Coaching Center in Chennai
The basic one is aptitude, practice all short cuts for probability, average, simplification, profit and loss in numerical ability (Mathemetics)
General Awareness – Two third of the questions from the Bank field and one third of questions from current affairs, read the daily newspaper and some general knowledge books.
Computer knowledge – The basis of Hardware and Software questions like MS Office, ROM, RAM and etc.
English – It’s quite difficult, so read English newspaper regularly and find some new words daily.
These are the basic things for preparation.